Friday, April 18, 2014

Knitting

I am happy to have finally picked up my knitting again now that we have cooler weather.  I left a sweater 3/4 finished last spring - I just can't bear to knit in the summer.  I know some people can, but I would rather have a book in my hands in the sunshine!

This is the second sweater in the second Tiny Tea Leaves cardigan I have knitted.  Its an easy pattern that knits up quick -- and there are no seams to sew together! You can check out this project - Tea Leaves #2 - and the others I have made recently at Ravelry, which is an amazing resources for any knitter/crocheter!

After a few hours knitting in the teaching lab (my students seem to get a kick out of the fact that I will sit there and knit while they are busy doing scientific drawings), I finally finished in December.  Gladly, so, because I had a whole list of things that I wanted to make over the winter.

Unfortunately, I got a bit bogged down with other things, and hadn't got started on another new project about a month ago - a leafy baby blanket.  I love the pattern - very easy once I got into it.  But we are reaching that time of the year when I am more likely to go outside into the garden and less likely to pick up the needles...so hopefully I can get it finished soon!

What do you have on your needles these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment